- Timothy is a native of Asheville, NC. Timothy’s performance career spans operatic and musical theatre roles, membership in early music ensembles, and as a featured soloist with orchestras and choruses.
- When not performing, he has been a vocal music, choral music, drama, arts, church music, and worship educator in day schools, home schooling communities, community arts schools, churches, colleges, and universities in FL, MO, NC, NJ, TN. He has taught a wide age span:
- Kindermusik to 18-month olds and pre-schoolers
- children’s choirs, both community-based and church-based
- middle school and high school aged choral music and musical theatre, both at day schools and community-based
- volunteer adult church choirs
- adult choir directors and their choirs in retreat and workshop sessions
- college and university level choral singers and choral directing students
- college and university level voice majors and minors
- college level worship arts and worship studies majors and minors
- voice students from ages 18 to 88 years old
- choir director for a senior-adult living community.
- He holds a bachelor of music degree in vocal performance; a master of music degree in church music and choral conducting from Westminster Choir College in Princeton, NJ; an advanced graduate certificate of worship studies from the Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies in Jacksonville, FL.
- He currently works as a freelance teacher and performer. He has served as a voice trainer at the University of North Carolina-Asheville (NC), Mars Hill University (NC), and Montreat College (NC). Most recently has was an adjunct professor at Daytona State College in Daytona Beach, FL. He is a certified master trainer of Estill Voice Training and always welcoming new students to his studio.
- He has been a company member at Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre (SART) in Mars Hill. He first performed at SART in productions of A Little Night Music and Light in the Piazza. During the 2018 season he appeared in Sanders Family Christmas, Working the Musical, and Don’t Dress for Dinner. For 2019, he appeared as a guest artist with the MHU production of Freaky Friday, and at SART in the WNC premiere of the bluegrass musical Bright Star, The Odd Couple, Something’s Afoot, and The Miracle Worker. He performed in Neil Simon’s Laughter on the Twenty-third Floor at the Players Circle Theatre in Fort Myers, FL at the start of 2020. He was in a production of Greater Tuna at The Daytona Playhouse in April 2021.
- He performed in Alan Bruce Becker’s Somewhere Between for the Vashon Repertory Theatre Fest on Vashon Island, WA, in July 2022 as well as Lisa Peretti’s Winghaven Park for Drama Dock in August 2022, also on Vashon Island. He will appear in Vashon Repertory Theatre’s production of Sweeney Todd in February 2023.
- He will perform with Beach Street Repertory Theatre in Daytona Beach, FL for its inaugural season, beginning with Miracle of 34th Street in December 2022.